Dear Island Families:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. Clear barriers are placed in the check in-out area.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, ipads, coffee, water, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have placed several medical grade air purifiers throughout the office. We have added extra- oral vacuums for the operatories. These can be a bit noisy
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area and open bay at any one time.
- We will continue showing oral hygiene instructions to your kids. We highly recommend that they brush their teeth prior coming. We will not allow brushing and spitting in our office. We will show kids where they missed utilizing our puppets and we will give them a toothbrush to take home.
- If your child is independent enough to have the appointment by him-herself we will be happy to escort your child from the parking lot entrance to our office and surrender treatment.
- We can take payments over the phone in case you decide to stay in your car.
- All patients and companion must wear masks entering the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (703)790-1320 or visit our website at www.islandchildrensdentistry.com Our team will be at the office starting Monday May 4th to assist you.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Island and Team